Donate to the Team
Support Galloway Mountain Rescue Team by donating securely via Everyclick.
We have an active Everyclick account to which you can link your fundraising event and raise money on our behalf. We really appreciate your support.
You can also make a donation now on our Everyclick Fundraising page using the button opposite.
- We will never do door to door collections and we will never ask you to share any bank details with us when we are out in the community or by phone.
- If we are collecting the community, these will be advertised events and all Team Members will be in GMRT uniform with ID.
- If anyone becomes aware of collections on our behalf which they are unsure about, please contact us either via Facebook Messenger (private message) or via our website.
How we might spend your donation...
When considering a donation to the team, many ask "What equipment do you actually need, and how much does that cost?" Truthfully, that’s a bit of an uncomfortable question to answer, since we don’t want to presume what you might like to donate. We have however come up with an idea we hope will be a solution to any unnecessary embarrassment.
Our 'Wish List' is an attempt to give you an indication of how your very kind donation could be spent. We hope you find this initiative useful to get a flavour for how future fund raising income will be spent.
- two Mars bars to provide energy to a rescuer
- an energy drink to revitalise our minds in the middle of the night
- a map to navigate our way around the hills in search of missing persons
- waterproof treatment for our protective clothing
- batteries for a torch to search at night
- a warm fleece scarf to keep a rescuer warm
- fuel for one of our vehicles for around 70 miles during rescue missions
- a weeks worth of energy (gas and electricity) for our rescue base
- a pouch to keep our radios dry in adverse weather conditions
- a karabiner for our technical rescue kit
- a smoke flare to help guide a helicopter to a landing site
- a waterproof hat
- a replacement lithium battery for one of our personal issue two way radios
- a head torch for a rescuer to be able to see in the darkness
- a replacement climbing rope
- a casualty bag for one of our Casualty Carers
£150 (or £3.00 per month) buys
- a set of lightweight waterproofs for one of our rescuers
- an all weather tyre for one of our rescue vehicles
- insures our rescue fleet for a month
£350 (or £8.00 per month) buys
- a set of cold weather winter protective clothing for one of our rescuers
- replacement head-to-toe water rescue kit for one of our rescuers
- an iPad to assist with search management and communication
- sponsorship to operate our satelite telephone
- an annual service for each of our rescue vehicles (now donated by Motorwise, Newton Stewart)
- an annual winter skills training course for our call-out members
£40,000, £50,000, £60,000 buys
- a replacement for our 17 year old Land Rover Defender - completed 2012
- a replacement for our 13 year old VW Caravelle 4x4 - completed 2014
- a replacement for our 12 year old Vauxhall Incident Control Vehicle - completed 2017
Want to help us raise more - just by shopping online? Well now you can with Give as you Live!
When you shop at over 4,000 top stores including Amazon, Expedia and John Lewis via Give as you Live, they'll turn a percentage of your spend into free funds for our charity!
Simply sign up, search for the retailer and start shopping. It's that simple.
Get started today! www.giveasyoulive.com/join/galloway-mountain-rescue