Join the Team
Recruitment currently closed.
What it takes to join Galloway MRT
– Experienced hill walker comfortable in all weathers in the terrain Galloway MRT covers in both summer and winter conditions
– Have full mountain “kit” of suitable mountaineering clothing and personal equipment
– Under 75 years old
– Knowledge of basic first aid, a first aid certificate is preferable but not essential for application.
– Have a reasonable level of fitness
– Able to navigate effectively off paths using map and compass
– Live in or close to the geographical area that Galloway MRT covers
– Be willing to pass a probationary period of minimum 15-18 months and is followed by an Assessment Day.
– Have good communication skills
– Be willing to work in a team
– Have made a commitment to remain in the area of the team that you wish to join for a reasonable period.
Are you confident in the mountains/outdoors, in awful weather, in the middle of the night?
Do you have sufficient availability to be able to make a commitment to attend training and call- outs?
Can you cope with an injured casualty?
If you are interested in joining Galloway MRT please contact the Assistant Secretary (Membership) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange for an application form and self-evaluation form to be sent out.
Following a review of the information above, and if basic requirements are met, a meeting (in person or online) will be arranged to share information and expectations about training and to answer any questions.